Tuesday, December 27, 2011

State Level Open Yoga championship 2011( 3 Dec 2011)

I just recalled before start writing this blog, there is no trace and relation with yoga and me past so many years. When I was with primary education in Roman Catholic (R.C) Middle school in my home town Melur, learned about prayer and disciplines. During my secondary education in Gandhi Niketan Ashram, I have learned about Mediation and how to live self control life.

One fine day in month of Aug 2010, it was heavily downpour in my area. I did not go HAL ground where I used play basket and do long runs .My body pushed and triggered to me for some exercise in that heavy rain. That time I decided to join YOGA in my area ( VIP’s Yoga Center ) . I met YOGA Master Mr. Venkatesh same day.

He is well trained and well yoga educated person. He has more than 17 years of experience in yoga. I attended the class form next day onwards. I was very irregular for first three months.

“You never miss any class if you have any dependence and very much required something”. The same situation was occurred for me too. From Jul 2011 onwards I was going the class regularly and lot of students also practiced yoga from our center. In Meantime we got a announcement about state level championship for yoga. Few members were turned for participating in competition. Master provided for special training which close to related to competition. As usual I used to miss special training classes. However I remembered all the Asana. We thought of order T-Shirts. We designed the logo and ordered T-Shirts form Thirupur. We got our T-shirts neck to neck movement. Final participants list came around 15 students.

Members are Shankar, Meenakshi Shankar, Swaroop, Swathi Swaroop, Krishna, Krishna raj, Venna, Nikitha, Janavi raj, Sree hari, Sree surthi, Thejaskumar, Naveen kumarm, Neha, Masters son and family, karthi and Myself.

Event day:

All students gathered in the center around 10 am. We reached the event place Dr. Rajkumar Kalakshetra in Vijaya Nagar around 11 am. We have registered for 16 students. Events were started with inaugural function... Initial Yoga dance was ultimate. Students were danced very well.

First event started with Age group of 8 to 15 for both gender. Four obverses were sitting in 4 corners and gave the marks to participants. The event followed by age group of 15 to 20, and then followed by 20 to 25. After that, I participated in 25 to 32 age group. They asked us do three 3 Asana’s which were mandatory (Ustrasana, Janu Sirsasana and Anantasana ) and followed by 2 interested Asana’s(Virabhadrasana and Chakrasana ). I got decent marks. Very less participants was in my age group. After that, age group of 32 to 40, 40 to 50 and 50+ events were happened. Awarding and Pricing ceremony was started around 5 pm. They announced new Yoga teachers for this year. One of our teachers also became a New Yoga Master. 10 members from our center got a rank in there events and prices.

I got a 3rd price in my age group. Very first time in my life, I participated in yoga competition and got a price too. I was so happy that movement and. All our students safely back to our area.
Things Learned from yoga:
  • Yoga is a practice and method, it controls body and mind. Body and mind are work together in yoga.
  • It always produce good results in short term
  • Why yoga was followed and practiced in our country before centuries of centuries.
  • Learned Pranayama
  • How to maintain good health in any age.
  • How to Reduces common software engineers problems like stress, Back pain and obesity
  • How to teach yoga to others
  • Suraya Namaskara Mantra
  • Difference between pranayama , Asana’s, Breathing exercises and mediation
My very special thanks to Master and yoga students. I decide this price to VIP’s Yoga center where I learned this yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment