Thursday, December 8, 2011

Bangalore Ultra Marathon - 25K ( 13th Nov 2011)

Anybody born and brought up in village farm house, definitely he/she had trail run experience, may not be long distance trail run. It is pertinent my life too. Even I had very small trail runs, without know it is trail run like that, I ran so many times..

Whenever somebody plug coconut and Mango from our field without our permission... I used to run behind and try to catch them.

One more interesting trail run, try to catch the Rabbit whenever see Rabbit in filed… we have run at least minimum 11 kms speed.. Otherwise rabbit miss from visibility. These circumstances occurred for many times when I was in Keelaiyur as well as Ayavathanpatti.

Another event, I ran few KMs trail runs when we preparing Bullock cart for Rackla race. It is famous event southern tamil nadu districts. I used to participate during the practice session for Rackla race .For this run, participant need more and more stamina. Otherwise cannot job and sit intermittently in cart and hold the stick in mouth.

Another one more event also possible for trail run in villages of tamilnadu.. But I missed so many times... That is “Paraivettai” festival in the Tamil month “Masi” ( 11th month in tamil calendar ) . All the village people gather in common place, go together and catch the Rabbit. Minimum one person has to go from the each family from our village...

In above occasions, the person (runner) need to cross lot of fields, small ponds, small farms, small channels and lot of field boundaries all present in the terrain.. All above incidents run could be Maxumum of 5 to 10 kms..

I aware about Bangalore Ultra marathon but I never participated before this event. Asad told me about Ultra and I registered for Bangalore ultra. Before this event, I participated Chennai Marathon a week before.

I never ran more than 21 kms ( Half Marathon distance ) . I was well confident about me, but I had doubt about my health.
Race day :


We ( Arun and myself ) left our area around 3 am and reached “Our Native Village, Hessarghatta” at 4:15 am. It is 45 kms distance from our area.I met few of long running friends Suresh, Venky, Anu, Bobby, Ram, Anuoop, Bala , Mudhusudhan,Radhima and few mores.. 100 and 75 kms event started at 5 am , 50 and 37.5 kms events started at 6 pm. 25 and 12.5 events started at 7 am. I started the race with other same event runners... It was 2 loop run 25kms. I ran 1.5 loops without any stopping and remaining 0.5 loop ran with few breaks. I completed the race around 3 hrs. That day weather was so hot in the early morning itself.
It was really very tough trail run. I was so happy because of I felt about fitness and my highest distance running KMs become 25.
After race, I got a lift from one of the long runner and reached our area around 1 pm.
I could not write this blog very well due to delay and laziness.

Thanks to all.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nanba, Very happy to see that you are still running (25 Kms wow)and updating your blog frequently...and your camera made your blog colorful with new look. Nice snaps in other posts too...slowly u r becoming a good photographer buddy.

    Take Care, Run more and update more... :)
    -Jerald

    ReplyDelete