Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Tirumala, Tirupathi (28th May 20111)

Sometimes I do visit Holy Places also, but it is not very often. I was thinking, which temple I can visit. I decided to go Tirumala. It is very close to Chennai. I collected enough information from office colleagues ( special thanks to arun ) and friends. This is my second visit to Tirumala.
Friday (27th May) evening I reached C.M.B.T Bus stand around 7:15 PM (don’t buy anything from CMBT always you have pay 50% extra money). I took TNSTC Bus to Tirupathi at 7:30 PM. Chennai to Tirupathi distance around 145 KMs (via Poonamalli, Tiruvallur, Tiruttani, Nagiri and Puttur).

I reached to Tirupathi around 11:30 PM and Immediately took bus to Tirumala ( 12 AM to 3 AM road remain closed ) reached the Tirumala by 12:45. I went to one the Waiting Hall and took locker (Refundable Deposit Rs 350). Then I went to KalayanKatta for tonsure. Lot of devotees is waited for tonsure. I waited in the Queue more than 3 hrs and I slept in the Road Platform. Finally I finished my tonsure after so long wait.



After refreshing myself, I reached the Temple complex around 8:30 AM. I enquired about Rs.300 ticket queue and rushed the queue. During my waiting time in the queue, I observed few things. In Temple, they provided enough facilities for devotees (Water, rest room and etc).



In Common point, the entire queues are merged (like free dharsan, Rs 50 ticket, Internet booking ticket and Rs 300 ticket). Around 9:45 AM, I had seen “ Lord Venkateshwara”. I thanked and prayed the god. They provided the Prashadam for all devotees . Then I moved Laddu ( an Indian sweet made from flour, sugar, and shortening) counter outside of the main temple complex . I collected my laddu (waiting period 30 minutes for extra laddu( Rs.100 for 4 laddu)).. Then I returned my locker and collected my things. I took bus to Tirupathi. I reached tirupathi around 12:15 PM and took bus to Bangalore by APSRTC. I reached my Bangalore room by 6 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment