Thursday, June 23, 2011

TCS Word 10K Bangalore (5th Jun 2011)

When I was completed my Maiden official long run in Sunfest World 10K Bangalore (May 2010). I decided that, I would continue to participate this same event at least next few years and make sure another one or two members from my side participate this event.
I could not fulfill first participant desire this year. But it became a big flop. Due to lack of practice and body weight gain, I was not able run less run 3 KMs also. So my participation was got failed.

I was very happy that, I could fulfill my second wish. I informed vinothkannan (He is from Madurai, lives in Bangalore, works in IT, Young and Dynamic Guy. But little lazy guy) about TCS World 10K event. He was not much interest that time. He both registered for this event in month April. I was frequently asked him about his preparations. He used to reply “I could not run 10KMs, at least walk and complete). This was the statement from him up to eve of the Marathon day.
We both went and collected our Bib no’s in National Sport Village in Koramangala . I did not tell him about my unfitness for this event.


In Event day, Prasad, Thenarasu, Vinoth and I reached the kanterva Stadium ( Last year we were two guys..karthi and myself). This year we were four. I became photographer cum audience.
We watched the Elite men and women events. We had seen lot of international runners and sports personalities.


We had taken lot of snaps. Vinoth kannan participant event (World open 10K) was started at 8:00 am. We moved to finishing line. In finishing line , I saw lot of my co-runners at endpoint ( at least 50 know people). But we were early waiting for vinoth kannan. He reached the point after a hour. We were very happy and wished him.






One Year Summary of marathon event participants:
1. Improved my thoughts and attitude
2. Health condition and body fitness is very very consistent.
3. Got, lot of friends from same set of mindset with different profession
4. Showed the another world about peoples/places/hobbies
5. Got a chance to visit Mumbai, Chennai and Pondicherry
6. Got More knowledge marathons and preparations
7. Now...Whenever somebody asks about me, I am proudly says, “I am a Marathon Runner”

No comments:

Post a Comment