Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Chennai Book Fair, Chennai (12th Jan 2011)

I heard about Chennai Book Fair during my college days. But I never got a chance to visit Chennai Book Fair. I visited and bought number of good books in Bangalore Book Fair last couple of years including English and Tamil.

Few weeks before some of my friends and colleagues told about Chennai Book Fair. I decided to visit. Last week Wednesday I visited the Book Fair. I saw more than 500 stalls from Different publishers and sellers. I had seen lot of Tamil books from different publishers and few English publishers; but I did not see any other regional language publishers. (This was not a case in Bangalore Book Fair, I saw so many Tamil publishers in Bangalore Book Fair)

I saw lot of Tamil Books (Ancient & Modern literatures, poem, and stories) which I had not seen before. I bought few books. There were program about tamil language by Origination committee during book fair days. That day Meriven, Malluri and Sathya selan gave good and informative speach in different topics about Tamil. I seen Tamil language writers and poets Manushyaputhran , saru nivethitha and Palani bharathi.

That was Good.
Edition : 34
Date : from 04th jan-2011 to 17th Jan-2011
Organized by : Booksellers and Publishers Association of South India (BAPASI).

No comments:

Post a Comment