Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Aircel Chennai Open Tennis Quarterfinals, Chennai (7th Jan 2011)

As I remember, I follow up only Grand slams matches after Quarterfinals. When I was Bangalore, I heard about Chennai Open Tennis and it is usually happens on beginning of every year. It is one of the ATP 250 category.

Few weeks before when I was reading news paper, I saw the advertisement about Chennai Open Tennis 2011 and Ticket sales. I decided to watch the match in the Stadium.


Official Logo
Aircel 2011 Cup
Few days before I discussed with my colleague Jerald about Tennis match and he also interested to watch.We (Jerald, Karupusamy and myself) booked the tickets online (Low cost ticket Rs.200 Per person and valid for one day, East Side) and went to Nungambakkam Tennis stadium.
Security Check in the Entrance

After entering stadium, I started clicking Photos using my first digital camera ... (My friend Karthi was insisted me so many times to buy Digital Camera. But I never turned. Anyway finally I bought digital Camera after working in IT more than 6 years. I bought new Camera from US through friend Bala. Thanks Bala).

Stadium view from East Side

Sunset




First Match was between Tomas Berdych (CZE) Vs Blaz Kavcic in Main Court.
Tomas Berdych won in straight sets (6-3, 6-3)


Second Match was between Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi Vs Philipp Marx and Kne Skupski.
During Match, I had doubt about my tie-breaker, I decided to call Srini and Raghu, both are expert in the about Games. I called Raghu and asked about my doubt. He clarified.

The Two old Warhorses Paes and Bhupathi Showcased their doubles skills and comfortable won against Marx and Skupski in direct sets (6-4, 7-6(3)).



Third match, we did not see completely due urgency to catch my Bangalore Mail Train in Chennai Central Station. Karupusamy dropped in Central Station. I took Bangalore Mail train and went to Bangalore. I was nice movement watch match in Stadium.


More photos Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment